Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why Under the Ashes?

Welcome,
I've been writing for the last 20 years, from notebooks I used to keep in the pockets of my leather jacket to fanzines and websites, which I still do, and thought this blog would be a good way to regroup all my work (past and present) in one single spot.
I've been writing on I94bar (Australia), SDZ (France), and RockandrollArmy (Spain).
You'll find links here to past reviews and interviews, and I'll use it to post the English version of my work for RockandrollArmy, as well as exclusive other posts concerning mainly music, live shows and other band related informations or tips.
Now why "Under the Ashes"?
Well, it's stolen from one of the most influencial band from Australia, Radio Birdman.
It was the name of a boxset that collectors know well.
But it's also :
Under the ashes is where the fire awaits...
Under the ashes is where the bread is cooked...

Our little rock and roll world becomes smaller and smaller. We've got better and better tools to promote, teach and learn. But it's still not enough to provide a living to artists who, thirty years ago, would have been able to live of their music. People you would have seen more often live. People who could have spread their music all over the world and concentrate on the most important : write good songs for us and the next generations.
Here's my little contribution to rock and roll.
For what it worths....

No comments:

Post a Comment